So even though I'm reading some classic, older books now (I'm a few chapters in to Edith Wharton's House of Mirth at the moment), I'm still working on a few books to review. I'm listening to Room, by Emma Donoghue, via Audible audiobook at the moment (don't take this route, the kid who's narrating has the most grating little voice of anyone I've ever heard), so that should be up with a review in a few days or so. I'm also reading The Alchemist for summer reading; not gonna review this one, just saying what's on my list - you know there's a graphic novel, too? iBoy by Kevin Brooks looks interesting as well - I've heard lots of positive reviews about his other books, so I'm thinking about checking this one out. Also on my list: Flip by Martyn Bedford and Drought, by Pam Bachorz (I loved her book Candor, so this choice seemed obvious).
I've read a few books recently that I haven't gotten around to reviewing: Chopsticks (Jessica Anthony) and What's Eating Gilbert Grape (the movie was too fantastic, what with Leo DiCaprio and Johnny Depp, for me to pass up the book. It's by Peter Hedges, by the way). Both of these books I would recommend very highly - I'll tell you why as soon as I get around to doing some reviews.
Hope you're having a great summer and keep reading!
One more thing - you know you can click on any underlined title or phrase for a link to the book on Amazon or Audible, right? :) And - a review to Candor will be coming ASAP, I just have to find the book. And time to reread it.
I've read a few books recently that I haven't gotten around to reviewing: Chopsticks (Jessica Anthony) and What's Eating Gilbert Grape (the movie was too fantastic, what with Leo DiCaprio and Johnny Depp, for me to pass up the book. It's by Peter Hedges, by the way). Both of these books I would recommend very highly - I'll tell you why as soon as I get around to doing some reviews.
Hope you're having a great summer and keep reading!
One more thing - you know you can click on any underlined title or phrase for a link to the book on Amazon or Audible, right? :) And - a review to Candor will be coming ASAP, I just have to find the book. And time to reread it.
I didn't feel like updating this yet AGAIN, but please comment or shoot me an email if you find any dead links.
ReplyDelete